1. WHO ARE WE?
This website (“www.TeachersXchange.com”) is operated by TeachersXchange LTD (“we”, “us” and/or “our”), the global organizer of TeachersXchange.com, a registered Limited Liability Company registered in the United Kingdom. Our registered address is 28 Cornmill Lane, Liversedge, WF157DZ. You can contact us as indicated under the “Contact” section in the main navigation.
3. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect the following personal data about you:
- Membership: When becoming a member of our our platform, we collect your first and last name, email address. We also collect information about your debit/credit card and bank account information provided by you to our payment service providers (“payment processors”), that we require for the purpose of recording and processing your membership fees. For further details please also refer to the section below headed “Payment Information”.
- Subscriber: When becoming a member of our our platform, we collect your first and last name, email address, company, company size, and job title. We also collect information about your debit/credit card and bank account information provided by you to our payment service providers (“payment processors”), that we require for the purpose of recording and processing your subscriber fees. For further details please also refer to the section below headed “Payment Information”.
- Newsletter Subscription: When opting in to subscribe to one of our email newsletters, we collect your email address, and in some cases your first and last name, company and job title.
- Pass Purchases or Customer Transaction: The personal details you provide when you registering or purchasing a pass for a conference. These transactions typically include your full name, address, e-mail address; business address and phone number; gender, approximate age, industry, career level, approximate budget spend; information about your work and other information that you elect to provide to support your application. such as your first and last name, email address, billing and payment information (for further details please also refer to the section below headed “Payment Information”).
- Other Information: Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, intercom or e-mail, participating in user/customer/member surveys or otherwise visiting and interacting with this Site or any other websites we operate, and personal data that you provide to us when you visit one of our flagship conferences or other premises.
- Teacher Profile: As a Teacher on our platform you may have a public profile that you use to attract students
4. AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
- Log Data: When you visit our Site, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. This log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (from which we understand the country you are connecting from at the time you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To contact you in connection with user/customer/member surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response, provided that you gave us your consent to being contacted in this way at the time you provided us with the personal data.
- From time to time, we may organize contests and other promotions. If you share information with us directly or through one of our third party service providers, we may use the email address you provided in order to notify you of the results.
- If you choose to subscribe (opt-in) to one of our various newsletters, we will send our periodic newsletter to the email address you provided us. Members can opt-out of our newsletters at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
- Crowdcentric and our affiliated businesses, in particular, may provide you, or permit selected third party service providers to provide you, with information about goods or services, events and other promotions we feel may interest you as a member, applicant or customer. We (or such third party providers) will contact you by email only with your consent, which was given at the time you provided us with the personal data.
- If you choose to register or purchase a conference pass and then also opt-in to share your contact information to our affilate partners or sponsors to convey that you are attending a particular conference, we will convey your personal details consisting of last name, first name, job title, and company name to the sponsor.
- We may use your personal data for other purposes which you have consented to at the time of providing your data.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- where we are asked to deal with any inquiries or complaints you make.
- to administer our Site, to better understand how visitors interact with our websites and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device.
- to conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize the experience we offer to our members and our communications, including by creating customer or member profiles to enable personalized direct marketing communications.
- if you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
- to share personal data among our affiliated businesses for administrative purposes, for providing customer or member services and in relation to our sales and marketing activities.
- we may anonymize, aggregate and de-identify the data that we collect and use such anonymized, aggregated and de-identified data for our own internal business purposes, including sharing it with our current and prospective members, business partners, our affiliated businesses, agents and other third parties for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, for example to allow those parties to analyse patterns among groups of people, and conducting research on demographics, interests and behavior.
- for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our Site, network and information systems secure.
- to (a) comply with legal obligations, (b) respond to requests from competent authorities; (d) protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated businesses; (e) protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliated businesses, you or others; and (f) enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- Service Providers: Crowdcentric, like many businesses, sometimes hires selected third parties who act on our behalf to support our operations, such as (i) card processing or payment services (see the section below headed “Payment Information”), (ii) credit reference agencies to protect against possible fraud, (iii) IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) as necessary to provide IT support and enable us to provide customer or members services and other goods/services available on this Site or to members, (iv) web analytics providers, (v) providers of digital advertising services and (vi) providers of CRM, marketing and sales software solutions. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store your personal data in the course of performing their duties to us and solely in order to perform the services we have hired them to provide.
- Crowdcentric Affiliated Businesses: We operate on a global scale, “Social Media Week” in particular. In order to provide the services you request from us, our affiliated businesses may access and process the information which we collect from you for the purposes described above, including to offer products and services to you. Our affiliated businesses will only use your data for the purposes for which we originally collected it.
- Business Transfers: if we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our applicants, members, customers may be one of the transferred assets.
7. PAYMENT INFORMATION
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make through our Site will be processed by our third party payment providers and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service providers using up to date industry standards. Please note that we do not ourselves directly process or store the debit/credit card data that you submit.
We may arrange that card or payment data you submit in support of a member or customer transaction fee is stored for the purpose of processing your member or customer transaction fees.
You may choose to opt out of our third party payment providers holding your card or payment data although this means that you will need to re-supply us with card/payment details to initiate your membership subscription fee or for the purpose of making any future purchases.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or log-in which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our Site, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. You must not share your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data that you submit to us against unauthorized/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage, although we cannot 100% guarantee the security of personal data that you provide to us online.
9. PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, applicable legal requirements or operational retention needs, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal data.
12. DELETING PROFILE DETAILS
If you would like to delete your Social Media Week account or profile, please send us an email from the email address that is associated with your Membership or Subscriber account to founder@TeachersXchange.com. Please let us know your account email in that email, so that we may complete your request accurately.
You should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our servers. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your PII may exist in a non-erasable form that may be difficult or impossible for us to locate.