💙 Who we are
Immigo is a venture-backed startup helping English learners speak with confidence through peer-to-peer experiences. While there are 1.5B English learners around the world, there isn’t an effective yet affordable way to practice and improve their English. One-on-one classes are expensive, one-to-many classes don’t give you enough time to speak and self-learning apps/MOOCs don’t really hold you accountable.
With Immigo, learners can quickly find the right, reliable group of peers to practice with at a much lower cost. And we are starting that journey through our unique “group classes” & “speaking clubs.”
The next 10 years of learning a language will move beyond just staring at disjointed videos or gamified apps with vocabularies. Effective learning happens with live human interactions that are brought together with the same mission of learning and growing – no matter where you are.
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage startup as one of the first employees and have work that directly impacts the future of learning a language. And together, our team is driven by a greater mission to democratize access to socioeconomic mobility through English learning.
- Top company/graduates of Techstars Boulder ’21 (acceptance rate <1%.)
- Helped thousands of learners from 120+ countries within just a year and are growing quickly.
- Raised seed round from world-class investors, including Greylock, Reach Capital, Matterscale Ventures, Techstars (and Techstars Ventures for follow-on investment as a top company), and Lombardstreet Ventures.
💪 What you will do
As an English Teacher, you will teach: Pronunciation, Accent & Intonation to adult students. Our students are incredibly motivated. They are either immigrants living in the United States or Canada or professionals looking for global opportunities. Your day-to-day work will directly impact Immigo’s revenue growth as one of our key members of the team.
👀 Who we’re looking for
You’d be our dream candidate if you…
- Are looking for more than a teacher role — perhaps interested in pivoting into EdTech or startup world.
- Are a good project manager: you are detail-oriented, follow through, and don’t let things slip through the cracks
- Are a problem-solver: you are energized by finding creative solutions to tough problems and unexpected situations
- Are entrepreneurial: you “do what it takes” to make Immigo a success
- Feel comfortable with ambiguity and like building from scratch
- Listen intently to students, and find creative ways to solve problems
- Has a bubbly, extroverted personality that can excite our students!
- Are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Are passionate about improving education, and socioeconomic mobility and committed to student success
If you’re interested, please send a lesson video of you teaching pronunciation, accent or intonation to a student (if you don’t have one, please record one yourself – if you don’t we won’t respond to the email) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
To apply, email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org